The Cedartown United Fund is an independent agency serving the Cedartown area. The operation is governed by a Board of Directors representing local industry, business and the professions.
The United Fund Building, renamed The Anne Edge Center to recognize Anne Edge for 42 years of faithful service as United Fund Administrator and Secretary, houses not only the business office, but the Community Clothing Bank, Food Bank, Fund for Local Emergency Needs and the Christmas Toy Program. These programs are administered by the United Fund staff and assisted by a group of dedicated volunteers.
The United Fund was established in 1960 as an independent organization serving the local needs of the Cedartown community for 48 years.
- Supporter of the American Red Cross
- Own the United Fund building located at College and Ware street
- Administer the Christmas Toy, Clothing Bank, Emergency Food and Local Emergency Needs programs
- Operate the only free clothing recycle program in Cedartown
- Provider of prescription medicine
- Manage the Polk County FEMA grant of about $20,000/yr, and disperses 1/3 of this grant for Food in Cedartown
- Managed by a volunteer Board of Directors comprised of local citizens
- Recipient of free labor from the AARP Foundation of Atlanta, Court Community Service disciplinary system
- Receive financial support from local businesses, industries, individuals, and professionals